- About LMDA
- Who We Are
- LMDA Board and Executive Committee
- Regional Groups
- University Caucus
- Early Career Dramaturgs
- Grants and Awards
- Dramaturg Driven Grants
- LMDA Residency Program
- Elliott Hayes Award for Outstanding Achievement
- GE Lessing Award for Career Achievement
- 2012 Grants and Awards Committee
- Resources For Dramaturgs
- LMDA Canada
Literary Managers and Dramaturgs of the Americas was founded in 1985 as the volunteer membership organization for the professions of literary management and dramaturgy. LMDA is a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization with members throughout North America and abroad.
LMDA holds the belief that theater is a vital art form that has the power to nourish, educate, and transform individuals and their communities and that dramaturgy is central to the process of theater-making.
LMDA is committed to the following objectives:
- to affirm, support, and broaden the roles that literary managers and dramaturgs play in the theater
- to promote the exchange of information about the function, practice, and value of literary management and dramaturgy
- to encourage cooperation among the practitioners and theoreticians of dramaturgy
- to expand the boundaries of the field and enrich our conversation about the making of live performance by welcoming colleagues from disciplines such as dance, opera, and performance art
- to put emphasis on international exchange, as well as a commitment to diversity of form, culture, and content
- to encourage regional activity across North America
Please consider joining LMDA and adding your voice to these conversations.