Stageworks Media/Playscripts, Inc.
Ida holds a Certificate of Higher Education (Anthropology and Sociology) from Durham University, U.K. She also holds a BA in Liberal Arts (Theatre, English Literature, ‘13) from Barnard College and an M.F.A. in Dramaturgy/Script Development from the School of the Arts at Columbia University.
Ida Biering became involved in theater as a student attending various European international schools. She has attended numerous festivals hosted by the International Theatre Students’ Association, including the 2007 Theatre Arts Program Symposium in Paris, France. In June 2008, she received an exclusive invitation to participate in the People to People Young Ambassadors’ Program Theatre Summit for her work in the international student theatre community.
Originally from Denmark, Ida moved to New York in 2010 to pursue her career in dramaturgy and script development. She has completed professional internships and readerships at organizations such as TheatreMAMA, The Play Company and Theatre Communications Group, amongst others. She has served as a dramaturg and script consultant for the Barnard College Theatre Department, Columbia Stages, two seasons of The New York International Fringe Festival and several other theatres in New York City.
Script evaluation, script development, production dramaturgy, translation, research (archival and secondary), text analysis, editing, proofreading, copywriting, formatting, transcription, content creation, communications, marketing, event organizing, etc. Areas of interest: translation, Shakespeare, classics, new work, modern approaches to classical adaptation.
English, Danish, Swedish, Dutch, German, French
● Babette’s Feast, Pálína Jónsdóttir* | The Connelly Theatre, in association with Columbia Stages, dir. Pálína Jónsdóttir, October 2016 – March 2017.
● The Muscle In Question, Samantha Stone* | The Kraine Theater, New York International Fringe Festival, dir. Mariana Benjamin, May – August 2016.
● A Misanthrope, Matthew Minnicino* | Various, NYC, Salon Series, dir. Benita de Wit, June – August 2016. Used by Columbia MFA Acting Program for Moliere Studies | dir./instructor: Ulla Wolcz.
● Undrown’d: Seeking Asylum* (Associate Dramaturg), Benita de Wit & Emily Comisar | The Connelly Theatre, in association with Columbia Stages, dir. Benita de Wit, February – March 2016.
● A Dream Play, August Strindberg, adapted by Caryl Churchill | Schapiro Theater, Columbia University, dir. Pálína Jónsdóttir, New York, NY, March – May 2016.