- About LMDA
- Who We Are
- LMDA Board and Executive Committee
- Regional Groups
- University Caucus
- Early Career Dramaturgs
- Grants and Awards
- Dramaturg Driven Grants
- LMDA Residency Program
- Elliott Hayes Award for Outstanding Achievement
- GE Lessing Award for Career Achievement
- 2012 Grants and Awards Committee
- Resources For Dramaturgs
- LMDA Canada
ECD Conference Travel Grants
LMDA is proud to offer travel grants to Early Career Dramaturgs for the annual summer conference. LMDA will make cash awards up to $500 towards conference travel and housing.
Criteria for selection of an Early Career/Student Dramaturg:
- Applicant is no more than 2 years out of either a graduate or undergraduate program.
- Applicant is not an employee of a professional theatre organization (interns are welcome to apply).
- Applicant would unlikely be able to attend the LMDA conference without this assistance.
- Applicant is an LMDA member.
The application process for the 2013 Conference is now open. Submissions must be received by Friday, May 24. Granted will be notified by Friday, May 31. Please send them to email@example.com.
Applicants should answer the following questions:
1. How will attendance at the 2013 conference benefit you at this stage in your career: what do you hope to learn, gain, or come away from the conference with?
2. What questions, ideas about the field do you have that you would like to introduce, share, or have answered from connections made at the conference?
3. Why do you see yourself well suited for this conference in particular? What do you feel you can contribute to the group, as well as what you hope to learn?
Travel, housing arrangements, and conference registration must be made by the dramaturgs themselves. For more information, please visit the 2013 Vancouver conference site.
The list of the 2012 recipients can be found HERE.
The money for this initiative is raised through efforts of the ECDs and LMDA through the annual Gotthold Ephraim Lessing Memorial Birthday Bake Sale and generous donations. We are always happy to accept more donations to fund a larger number of recipients. Contributions to this fund or other ECD and LMDA initiatives can be made online or sent to LMDA, P.O Box 36, 20985, P.A.C.C., New York, NY 10129.