- About LMDA
- Who We Are
- LMDA Board and Executive Committee
- Regional Groups
- University Caucus
- Early Career Dramaturgs
- Grants and Awards
- Dramaturg Driven Grants
- LMDA Residency Program
- Elliott Hayes Award for Outstanding Achievement
- GE Lessing Award for Career Achievement
- 2012 Grants and Awards Committee
- Resources For Dramaturgs
- LMDA Canada
Dramaturgy Debut Panel
The Dramaturgy Focus Group for the Association for Theatre in Higher Education (ATHE) sponsors a competitive DEBUT PANEL to showcase outstanding and innovative work by emerging dramaturgs in educational and professional theatre. If you are a graduate student, intern, or new professional dramaturg and have provided dramaturgy for a production or event during the past three years, you are eligible to apply. This panel is adjudicated by both academic and professional theatre dramaturgs in the Americas.
Panelists selected will present overviews of their dramaturgical work at ATHE's annual conference.
Submissions are currently being accepted for 2012.
Deadline for submission of a prospectus via email is April 10, 2012. Dramaturgs selected will be notified on or about May 10, 2012.
A complete prospectus should include the following:
1) Overview of the production/collaboration, including work produced, location, dates, producing organization, production staff
2) 3-6 page exploration of the scope, focus, significance, and distinctive aspects of your dramaturgy
3) Supporting materials, e.g., production program, photos, slides, CD/DVD, web link, blog link.
Your prospectus should be accompanied by one or more letters of support from an artistic director, stage director, literary manager, supervising faculty member, or other theatre professional involved in process. Letters should address the level, quality, and significance of your dramaturgy. Prospectus materials, including digital photos, may be sent via email to Dr. Cynthia M. SoRelle, Debut Panel Coordinator.